Thursday 13 March 2008

Team 'Seriously Unfit' Gets Ready For Action

With the Pennine Way Trek under our belts and a few months to go until the Great Manchester Run I found myself roping in a friend to run this weekends Sports Relief 3 mile run to pass the time. At the moment I'm frantically calling and emailing friends in order to coerce them into send me their money (total to date is £33 with a fair bit more promised) and training at the gym in my new red and white Sports Relief socks.

My race number arrived yesterday along with sponsorship forms and related information regarding the route and where to meet etc. After seriously damaging my leg on Saturdays walk I've been away from the gym for almost a week but as I'm feeling ambitious I'm going to force myself back there today and attempt to run the whole distance to see how long it takes me.

If my camera allows I'll take some photos from the course on Sunday and update the blog then. Wish me luck! And give me money (via the funky new wiget on the right hand side of this page!)

No comments: