Sunday 16 March 2008

Two Hours & Counting

Tracksuit bottoms are on, red t-shirts have been found and race numbers are busily being pinned to the front of them. In two hours the Manchester leg of the Sports Relief Mile (or three) begins and preparations are well underway to allow Team Seriously Unfit to survive what promises to be an embarrasing ordeal.

I've spent the last few minutes on the phone to my team mate discussing possible routes due to our inability to find anything out about the course online. As of writing the only information we have is the starting point and the the distance we're running, which we apparently have to keep for ourselves.


In sponsorship news our pre-race total is £87.65 plus £24.98 gift aid if my calculations are correct, which I'm confident in predicting is over £100. But with a solid resolve to pester and coerce as many of my friends as possible over the next few weeks I'm sure this will rise further.


I'm setting off now anyway with my Lucozade Hydro-Active and my camera so more updates will be forthcoming before the end of the day. Wish us luck! And sponsor us!

No comments: